Engineering Team Lead Montenegro or Remote
Engineering Team Lead DescriptionJob #: 77707
The customer is an American multinational technology company. It provides workforce management and human capital management solutions.
It is a multi-tenant SaaS that operates in the USA, Europe, and Australia and has millions of daily active users.
A core part of the service is a classic 3-tier application built on Java8 with a modern SPA front-end (React). The service integrates with external consumers, services, and hardware.
The project has mature processes and best engineering practices, including CI/CD, infrastructure as a code etc.
The team is distributed between 3 locations: (around ~ 250 ppl)
• India (Noida)
• EPAM (EU, India
In total, there are ~40 scrum teams. Twenty of them are EPAM teams.
• Mainly SCRUM. Introducing SAFe.
• Release Cycle - ~2 months.
• Sprint - 2 weeks
What You’ll Do
- The primary scope for the team is a scheduler that helps to drive efficiencies by proactively building best-fitted schedules for an organization, and budgets based on operational demand, required skills, compliance rules, and the people’s availability and preferences
What You Have
- Experience in coordinating / leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Good command of English (Intermediate level and higher); - it will be required to communicate with PO / Engineering Manager / Architect on the client’s side
- Experience of working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- 2+ years of experience in the production of Java Web applications
- Strong Java Core knowledge
- REST API
- Knowledge & understanding of the Engineering / Architectural patterns and principles
- Good knowledge of and experience with SQL
- Excellent communication skills
- Great problem-solving and negotiation skills, high level of responsibility
- Troubleshooting & Investigation skills (using Kibana, NewRelic, Execution plans)
Nice to have
- Developing APIs with GraphQL
- Developing microservices
- Full-stack development using React and Node.js
- AWS toolset - Lambda, API gateway, SQS, SNS, Kubernetes, ECS, EC2, Aurora
- Infrastructure as a code – Serverless Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- SAFe methodology
- Logging and monitoring systems like Splunk, Cloudwatch, NewRelic, DataDog
- Monolith application in the progress of Modularization
- Java 8 Migration to Java 17 (knowledge of Java 17 features is not required)
- Client - React JS
- DB: MS SQL Server
- Apache Tomcat
- Junit, Mockito
- REST API
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses for showing outstanding results
- Flexible working schedule and opportunity to work remotely from any place in Montenegro
- Community of 55,000+ industry’s top professionals united for exchanging knowledge with experts from anywhere in the world
- Outstanding career development opportunities with a transparent career path and a roadmap to accelerate your journey
- Travel and relocation opportunities within our offices in 40+ countries and relocation support for you and your family
- Wide range of professional training, workshops, and mentoring programs plus unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Learning resources and financial support for completing certification programs
- Corporate health insurance and the possibility of buying private health insurance for the family at a corporate price