Western Europe Practice Head - Data Science (Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) DescriptionJob #: 93527
ABOUT THE ROLE
As one of the world’s leading engineering and digital transformation services providers, we are looking to expand our very successful Data Practice across Western Europe to meet huge increases in client demand for our services.
We have a very rare opportunity for a data industry leader to join our Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) Practice with a specific focus on leading and building the business in Western Europe.
You will report to the Global Head of Data Science in the US and ultimately manage and continue to hire a sizeable team as the practice continues to grow.
The role offers exciting opportunities to play a highly visible role in partnership with the global data leadership team to drive growth and our go to market strategy.
We offer a highly entrepreneurial and fast paced environment empowering you to truly effect substantial change and shape the outcomes of our Data Science ML/AI business.
We are open to hiring someone in the UK, Germany, Netherlands or Switzerland and may consider other locations in Western Europe for the right person.
- Lead the Western European Data Science, ML/AI Practice
- As a part of Global Data Practice team, work with other practices, as well as European Business leadership team, to help expand our footprint across Western Europe
- Help drive Generative AI, Advanced Analytics, Computer Vision, NLP end-to-end competency development, encompassing capability scaling, opportunity intake, solutioning, staffing, and execution
- Focus on practical AI application frameworks, including Data, MLOps, and LLMOps as well as actively participate in the development of Responsible AI, ESG, AI Security offerings
- Assist in the development of enterprise transformation offerings, with pragmatic AI adoption as a major driver for productivity enhancement and the establishment of new revenue streams
- Drive vertical (business) and horizontal (enablement) cross-organizational, multi-disciplinary teams to champion an AI-first product vision
- Assist in forming a practical vision for AI's impact on productivity (SDLC/Engineering, customer centers, etc.)
- Collaborate with client partners up to C-level to bring AI products and programs to life whilst maintaining strong long lasting relationships, ensuring their satisfaction through effective delivery to maximize growth
- Support sales / pre-sales activities by assessing Data opportunities, responding to RFP’s, creating proposals and presentations
- Manage and act as a mentor to a multi-disciplinary European data team of Lead Data Scientists, Data Architects, Data Tech Consultants up to and including Senior Director level fostering their professional growth and development across ML/AI
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in ML/AI and emerging technologies, proactively recommending new approaches and methodologies to address challenges in the space/markets and geographies in which the clients operate
- Attend and speak at relevant industry events and conferences showcasing EPAMs extensive and high quality delivery capabilities
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field or extensive relevant work experience
- Very strong hands-on background in data science, understanding of AI/ML technologies and concepts
- Good grasp on AL/ML operationalization, MLOps, Data Platforms
- Industry visionary, avid technologist at heart and a senior proven leader who can drive a Data Science, ML/AI Practice in a large consulting organization
- Extensive work history across Data technology and business with the ability to comfortably interact with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Proven track record in designing and implementing ML/AI solutions and end-to-end competency development
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and influencing senior stakeholders to secure funding or sell ML/AI projects
- Exceptional ability to drive C-level client engagements and demonstrate the full extent of EPAM’s capabilities and market offering
- Able to think outside the box, drive end-to-end initiatives and engagements and understand the complexity of driving changes in a global multinational organization
- This role is not exclusively focused on high level strategy/team management but a robust tech background with hands-on experience in the relevant areas highlighted is absolutely essential
- Competitive Compensation
- 26 paid holiday days
- Commuting to work- costs reimbursement
- Pension Plan scheme
- Discretionary Performance Based bonus
- Laptop + Corporate Simcard + Corporate Mobile Device (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Annual Salary Review
- Trainings, Internal Education and Dutch Language Courses
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation Package
- Regular Corporate and Social Events
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and multicultural company
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Certain benefits and perks may be subject to eligibility requirements
- EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential