Senior Delivery Manager DescriptionJob #: 78205
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you a technologist with a passion for leading complex technology projects? Are you able to guide and advise customers and teams on technology decisions? Do you have strong soft skills with solid stakeholder management experience?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and engaged teams across the globe on modern technical stacks and lead engagements with some of the biggest and most innovative customers.
Come join us!
The Senior Delivery Manager for the Retail Portfolio will be accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget. You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-wining Design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. You will play a key role building strong business and technology relationships, take a ‘hands on’ approach to define and deliver, and embody and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on technology practitioner who can suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Create, present and advocate solution architectures and approaches with deep technical details; as well as conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sales activities, drive time pressured preparation of customer proposals (including fixed price), define the implementation and design for the solution, present the proposed solution architecture to the customer and the statements of work from delivery perspective
- Hands-on delivery management experience covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for the bid/financing, drive solutioning and staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance. Accountable for delivery from financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives
- Run multiple delivery streams and clients, to ensure governance at top management level and conduct governance project meetings and identify successful and unsuccessful project factors and gaps
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives. Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Hands-on management of delivery stream along with management & growth of a team of Technology Delivery Managers - providing coaching, mentoring and development support to drive up delivery capability across the department
What You Have
- Expected to have vast experience in IT and , in particular, in a Project / Program Manager, Solution Architect or Delivery Manager role
- Senior Manager or Director level delivery manager with at experience of being a senior member of staff in a large SI/ consultancy
- Must have demonstratable experience of running a programme of several projects on a multi million account and team of 50+
- Good technical knowledge and experience of cloud and devops
- Experience of delivering digital, ecommerce solutions for retailers
- Must have an agile background (keyworks like digital factory a great advantage)
- Single Customer View (SCV)
- POS (across 100+ stores)
- Mobile POS
- Experience in building delivery teams and solutions. Proven experience in driving scalable enterprise initiatives
- Prior exposure to the Retail industry and eCommerce preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proven experience of hands-on managing delivery of an organization of 40-100 FTEs, or engagements of a smaller size but high business impact
- Hands on experience in technology and software engineering practices with ability to supervise and suggest competitive technical decisions and assure a winning mix of delivery practices applied on the project. Business savvy and able to oversee delivery from financial, sourcing, development, and business point of view
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period