Senior Systems Engineer DescriptionJob #: 74463
You will be part of our platform engineering team, but will work closely with product teams, evangelising the importance of performance, reliability, and resilience, as well as mentoring developers and testers on good practices of building robust applications.
You will be self motivated, liaising with product development, DevOps and architecture to understand the platform, current limitations and scale requirements. You will also work with the business stakeholders to define key metrics, and ensure tools and dashboards are available to monitor and alert on metrics. You will proactively look to identify improvements, by defining test scenarios, and analysing results to identify improvements that the platform engineering team can deliver into production, alternatively providing requirements along with any building blocks and PoCs that can be passed to product development teams for implementation.
We are looking for a talented engineer who has hands-on experience in site reliability engineering practices, who can successfully lead engineers of many disciplines and calibres to support our ambitions to build an enterprise grade digital gambling platform, working across a varied technology stack to bring platform reliability, operational efficiency, high performance, and service excellence.
- No shrinking violet, you will be prepared to get stuck into any problem, across any part of the technology landscape. You will have a can-do attitude and will enjoy being outside of your comfort zone as you try to solve problems, large and small
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills are a must, and you will be proactive in engaging stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met. You will have experience in mentoring people working across different technical disciplines and be able to provide technical leadership and governance in ensuring design and implementation meets the business objectives
- Experience in running applications on virtualised infrastructure is essential, as well as adapting services to containers using popular orchestration technologies. You should have excellent working knowledge of both Linux (CentOS) and Windows 2016 Servers and have good knowledge of networking protocols. You will have some understanding of how DNS, NTP and Active Directory works
- You must have solid experience in C#, using the latest .NET Core and framework versions. Ideally, you will be a polyglot developer, comfortable in writing code in different styles and techniques that suit the language, and follow good test first practices. You will have a strong background in working on both monolithic and distributed systems using both synchronous and asynchronous based API’s
- You must have experience of working in an Agile environment and be able to support working towards a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery approach
- You should have experience with database systems such as MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server, as well as No SQL database solutions such as Redis or MongoDB
- You must possess excellent problem-solving skills, and be proficient using operational tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, ELK or Prometheus
- We believe that the greatest strength of the company is its people. EPAM is fully committed to help its employees to reach their full potential and achieve their professional goals through continues learning. With this in mind, we would like to introduce to you few of the many opportunities and services which we believe will help you expand your current knowledge:
- Full access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- All-around Social package: professional & soft skills training, medical & family care programs, sports
- Relocation opportunities
- Free English classes
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Continuous experience exchange with experts and professionals worldwide
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment
- Engineering, corporate, and social events within and outside the Company
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunities for self-realization