Senior Scala Engineer DescriptionJob #: 45557
Do you have a software engineering background and strong knowledge in Scala? Are you an open-minded professional with good English skills? If it sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Scala Engineer.
Our client is one of the biggest hedge funds in the world managing investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations.
We are building an new Back-End team for the project. The team will interact with a multitude of teams from our UI/UX Design team, to our backend engineering team, to our platform engineers. Each person in the team will deeply understand product & business problems and will work on the stack end to end as the team builds an oversight platform for managing all of hedge fund’s trade generation activity.
Users of the technology in the Department are extremely sophisticated investors who are also technically savvy and work in a deep partnership model with the engineers. Our goal is to build highly functional, beautiful, and intuitive technologies for these processes which ultimately drive, scale, and enable our investment processes.
Our teams work in highly agile working environments for Fortune 1000 clients, following XP practices and best CI/CD practices. We are looking for a Senior Scala Developer with open-minded personality, who can join our friendly and challenging environment and become a core contributor to our team of experts.
What You’ll Do
- Developing extremely sophisticated tools and collaborating with some of hedge fund’s most sophisticated investors – we don’t have a product for casual users, but instead we have products that empower a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaging minds
- Operating within a dynamic team focused on back-end development but also working with engineers from several different areas of focus
What You Have
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of back-end development
- 10+ years professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments holding extremely high bars for their engineers
- Wide Scala experience and knowledge
- Strong algorithmic and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of SDLC, Agile and Design Patterns
- Excellent soft, analytical and problem-solving skills
- WORK & LIFE BALANCE. Enjoy more of your personal time with flexible & remote work options, 24 working days of annual leave and paid time off for numerous public holidays
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING CULTURE. Develop your hard & soft skills with internal training and mentorship opportunities, sponsored professional certification, and access to 18,000+ LinkedIn courses
- CLEAR & DIFFERENT CAREER PATHS. Grow in engineering or managerial direction to become a People Manager, in-depth technical specialist, Solution Architect, or Project/Delivery Manager
- GLOBAL RELOCATION OPPORTUNITIES. EPAM has presence in more than 50 countries globally. Explore opportunities to relocate to a new country, and EPAM will provide relocation support for you and your family
- COMPETITIVE BENEFITS. Benefit from a competitive salary, private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, special discount programs, plus, internal wellbeing programs to take your career to the next level
- STRONG PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY. Join a global EPAM community of highly skilled experts and connect with them to solve challenges, exchange ideas, share expertise and make friends
- EPAM is the foremost global digital transformation services provider with over 55,600 EPAMers in more than 50 countries. Since 1993, our multidisciplinary teams have been helping make the future real for our clients and communities around the world. In 2018, we opened an office in Spain that quickly grew to over 1,500 EPAMers distributed between the Málaga office and remotely across the country. Here you will collaborate with multinational teams, contribute to numerous innovative projects, and have an opportunity to learn and grow continuously