Currently, we are looking for an Application Support Engineer for our Saint Petersburg office to make the team even stronger.
If you think you are not a DevOps Engineer, or it’s incorrect name for a vacancy, we kindly agree with you here. So, if you are a systems administrator or engineer, build or site reliability engineer, we are waiting for you, too. Your mindset and your skills are more important for us.
We are looking for passionate engineers with a DevOps mindset who are results-driven, proactive and passionate about CD and automation of everything. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with the engineering and product teams on implementation and maintenance of highly versatile cloud orchestration, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery solutions in AWS. You will be a part of the international geographically distributed team of experienced professionals while being collocated with the local team in our St Petersburg office.
Our DevOps team globally consists of 1600+ engineers, and 100+ of them are in Saint Petersburg.
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
We suggest you 2 direction for your professional growth:
• Cloud & DevOps (the majority of projects are connected with a migration of a bare metal infrastructure to a public cloud-based platform; Linux, Java stack, CI/CD, IaC, SCM, clouds, containerization, virtualization);
• Big Data Solutions (the majority of solutions created here are needed for data analysis and predictive analytics; Linux, Hadoop ecosystem, Java stack, networking, web-servers, CI/CD, clusters, clouds, containerization).
ATTENTION! We are willing to train you to deal with public clouds (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud) and with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, noSQL DBs (Hive, HBase, Cassandra) and many other new technologies.
- Bug fixes / minor enhancements for new sources
- Deployment Support
- Log and Job Monitoring (Data Ingestion)
- User access management Service request processing
- Incident, change, and problem management
- 3 + yeas of IT Support experience
- Knowledge of networking
- Windows Server / Linux administration skills
- Working experience in writing SQL scripts
- Great communication skills to handle client communication / meetings / knowledge transfer
- English: Intermediate +
- Willing to learn new technologies and respond quickly to new challenges
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and participation on projects in various domains
- Opportunity to work in a distributed team on an international project
- In-house education and training - Our educational platforms provide over 6,000 courses and trainings esigned to develop both technical and soft skills. Moreover, we have special educational programs for advanced specialists—Delivery Management School, Solution Architecture School, and Solution Architecture University. And even better yet, free English courses and conversational clubs are available for you right inside our offices
- Participation in mentoring programs for both technical specialists and managers
- Self-fulfillment opportunities beyond projects: we hold meetups and conferences where our employees act as speakers, invite trainers for speakers, and develop professional communities
- Relocation opportunities—both within and outside Russia (EPAM's offices are present in ten Russian cities as well as in over 25 countries)
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work
- Voluntary health insurance policy, including dental care, is available to you right from your first working day; in-house medical care is provided
- Reimbursement for sports activities plus in-house yoga trainings. Moreover, you will be able to attend training sessions and participate in tournaments (soccer, basketball, and volleyball) with our corporate teams
- Educational programs for children of our employees (in-house programming courses)