Ranked as #12 on Forbes’ List of 25 Fastest Growing Public Tech Companies for 2017, EPAM is committed to providing our global team of over 25,900+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty, and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Lead Java/Scala Developer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM’s Financial Services Practice is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks and wealth management institutions.
We currently have an opening for a Lead Java/Scala Developer who is willing to participate in the development of a multi-modular state of the art order management system for equity trading.
The application our team develops will provide our client’s customers with near real time tools to effectively manage, evaluate, and distribute financial resources. The system will also provide users with mechanisms to analyze portfolios and make credible hypothesis as for potential risks and market sentiment and directions, which are vital for any institutional investor.
The new generation cloud based platform build upon a highly parallelizable and scalable database will be using cutting-edge frameworks such as Grid Computing/Map-Reduce offering new level of analysis/datamining capabilities and order management execution.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the development of a multi-modular management system for equity trading
- Build an application to provide our client's customers with near real-time tools to effectively handle, evaluate, and distribute financial resources; the system will also provide users with mechanisms to analyze portfolios and make credible hypothesis for potential risks, market sentiment, and directions
- • Utilize state of the art frameworks, such as Grid Computing/Map-Reduce, to offer a new level of analysis and data-mining capabilities and order management execution
What You Have
- Scala, Java and C# development skills
- AWS experience
- Solid experience in projects with diverse technology stacks (i.e. Java development skills with experience developing three-tier architecture systems such as EJB, Spring)
- Functional programming experience
Nice to have
- Experience with one of the following technologies: Terraform, Kubernetes, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Experience with Java 8 and Lambda
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance