IT Financial Project Officer– Contract London, UK
IT Financial Project Officer– Contract DescriptionJob #: 86760
We are looking for an IT Project Officer to play an important role in making sure budgets/timelines within our culture centres, around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability, and empowerment, are tracked and monitored while holding a passion for the project’s future.
Do you have high attention to detail and diligence to administrative work? Do you have a keen interest in developing a career within IT and the Financial Services sector? Are you proactive and adaptable when faced with new tasks and challenges and able to use initiative to perform responsibilities with limited guidance?
If you are keen to join our project, please read below and apply!
This Front Office project is based in London provides business-related services and support to an organization which can either be of administrative, logistical, analytical or a quality control nature. There is an emphasis on ensuring smooth day-to-day business operation and the implementation and development of business-wide action plans and key initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Keep an overview and track team budgets to ensure efficiency and alignment with forecasted spend; flagging inconsistencies as they occur
- Take a lead on communication and ensuring transparency between management and the team
- Stay on top of the team’s central tasks such as mandatory trainings and ensure that deadlines are met accordingly
- Proactively take ownership of administrative duties and offer input during team-wide activities
- Contact management as and when required, including requesting necessary approvals
- Aid with delivery unit management
- Provide input during the organisation of various events, such as the Town Hall and ad-hoc team initiatives
- Assisting the management team on an ad-hoc basis with their expenses and travel arrangements
What You Have
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Strong written and spoken English, with the ability to spot grammatical errors and simplify content
- Good numerical skills with a knack for spotting patterns and inconsistencies in financial data
- Strong proficiency when using Excel (. Pivot Tables & Pivot Reporting, Formulas, Tables, Charts & Formatting), PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Good experience with the financial aspect of the supplier contracts, reporting, budget control, execution, forecasting (fixed price, T&M, etc.)
Nice to have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills i.e., you like to figure out how things work
- Keen interest in understanding how the business works
- Passion for learning and innovating
- Previous experience within the financial sector, however trainee/graduate experience is also acceptable
- Able to work well under pressure and maintain a 'can-do' attitude despite challenge