Director, Advisory – Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) DescriptionJob #: 82819
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
You are strategic, resilient, engaging with people, and a natural self-starter. You have a passion for solving complex problems and a network of relevant contacts in your industry. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Director, TMT Advisory.
In this role, you will engage with TMT clients in leadership roles to drive enterprise transformation programs forward. This includes designing/aligning the client’s business model and transformation strategy to a proposed program of work, orchestrating client and EPAM teams to ensure client success, and contributing to EPAM’s growth by supporting EPAM’s world-class engineering and design teams to make the transformation ‘real’. You will also serve as a key leader in the expansion and growth of our TMT Strategy & Transformation advisory team and will work closely across the organization with a set of broader integrated offerings across EPAM.
Expectations include developing business models, transformation strategies, and related programs, articulating KPIs for program success, supporting governance and change management efforts, communicating, and earning trust with client leadership and executive sponsors, working closely with key EPAM delivery leads on optimizing proposed project workstreams, and creating reporting structures to monitor successful value realization over time. In addition to client service and delivery, the Director, TMT Advisory is expected to make significant contributions in both business and practice development.
Enablement of our offerings will be critical in taking those to market and to our clients, with an ability to articulate the framework, the process and impact to clients. We want to not only be market relevant but in addition to that provide significant benefits and insights – be one step ahead of the clients.
A critical component of this role is to collaborate and partner with EPAM’s Practices including Marketing, Product Development / Engineering, Digital Engagement, Design, and Software Delivery to successfully engage, create a plan and execute to address our clients’ business challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic engagements bringing our GTM offerings and solutions to our clients with a value to impact approach
- Lead business development and demand generation activities. Build deep client relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact thereby generating new and pull-through opportunities
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Demonstrate superior presentation, organization, project leadership, and meeting facilitation skills
- Lead, model and support the continued evolution of differentiated transformation and program management methods, tools, and approaches
- Help to define EPAM’s go to market value proposition. This includes interfacing with other senior leadership with EPAM to craft other related offerings
- Support sales and pre-sales activities by assessing opportunities, designing solutions, developing proposals, and establishing relationships with clients and prospective clients, helping to close new deals
- Actively monitor competitor activity to identify opportunities to improve EPAM’s competitive advantage
- Lead and contribute to development of innovative methods and tools that increase the impact of our service offerings
- Lead development of assets and accelerators which will enable EPAM in speedier and nimble engagement delivery
- Create opportunities to drive impact; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams
- Deep TMT industry experience, covering one or several of the TMT sub-domains
- Understanding of key industry trends and ability to articulate a POV
- Network of relevant senior business relationships in the broader industry
- Ability to develop thought leadership in an area of expertise (whether published or not)
- Prior strategy consulting experience with core consulting skills in an advisory capacity
- More than twelve (12) years of relevant experience in an established consulting firm environment. Alternatively, a blend of consulting and industry experience is also acceptable. Recent experience should include leading digital and transformative programs, communications strategies, and cross-discipline problem solving
- Minimum of a master’s degree
- Proven ability to operate independently at client locations. We are lean and rapidly growing-we need experienced consulting leaders who take charge
- Strong leadership, executive-level communication, and influencer skills
- Strong at analyzing complex business issues with the ability to effectively communicate these to senior stakeholders
- Able to anticipate and identify risks and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues as they occur
- Proven record of building effective teams - recruiting and retention are critical
- Ability to lead and mentor junior resources
- High EQ and self-awareness
- Ability to translate broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; align the team and set priorities to achieve objectives
- Ability to work in an ever-changing high growth, fast paced environment
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period