Data Solution Architect DescriptionJob #: 82775
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
EPAM is looking for a hands-on Data Solution Architect to be part of the continued acceleration to strengthen our team in Western Europe.
We do not believe in collecting data without purpose. We are looking for an avid technologist who enjoys solving complex data and technical consulting challenges. Whether our clients are looking to make better decisions for business development or create platforms and solutions that utilize data to streamline and improve operations—we are data-driven, business outcome oriented and we want to help our clients and partners by delivering innovative solutions to their most challenging problems.
Are you hungry to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as part of a rapidly expanding and very successful global engineering company?
If so, then EPAM is looking for a hands-on Data Solution Architect to be part of this continued acceleration to strengthen our business in Western Europe.
What You’ll Do
- Understand how clusters are operating, have experience of troubleshooting performance both in query and index time
- Design and build search platforms (ingestion, transport layer, search, integration with consumers)
- Relevancy tunning (boosting, rules, learn2rank, vector similarity)
- Work in different business domains (e-commerce, publishing, enterprise search, etc)
- Work with ETL tools such as Logstash, Talend, AWS Glue or similar
- Understand query lifecycles, ingestion of the data. Knowledge of different built-in capabilities of those engines
What You Have
- 10+ years of different backend experience (any of Java, C#, Python, etc)
- 5+ years of experience building and working on search systems based on Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, Coveo, Vespa, etc
- Proved experience in designing, building and delivering complex data and search platforms
- Knowledge of industry standards and common patterns for creating search systems
- Experience in writing custom plugins/components for those systems
Nice to have
- Experience building, maintaining and using knowledge graphs
- Experience in monitoring and tweaking of those systems
- NLP experience (spacy, nltk, word2vec, BERT, etc)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period