Lead Software Engineer (Front-End/React.js) DescriptionJob #: 74824
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Are you a Lead React developer with expert level knowledge on agile software development principles and enjoy creating extremely well-crafted and resilient code?
Then you have a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, architects, designers and strategists at EPAM.
We put our clients and their customers’ needs at the forefront of everything we do; so that we can truly enhance the experience and solve problems. We partner with the senior teams of world-class brands across a range of industries, we’re always expanding our knowledge and challenging our clients and ourselves. We never stand still.
Flexible and WFH opportunities are available for applicants based in the UK.
What You’ll Do
- Create extremely well-crafted front-end web applications using React.js (with Hooks), Redux
- Build reusable cross-platform components and front-end libraries for future use
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed, and performed at scale
- Be part of a self-organizing and cross-functional Agile team
- Lead the team, actively improving overall software quality whilst also helping fellow team members
- Lead on the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes as well as technical interviews
- Be responsible for ensuring our website is highly performant, resilient, secure, and monitored in production
- Work as part of a global team of professionals
What You Have
- 7 years’ experience in back-end development with at least 3 years’ experience working with React.js developer
- Strong skills in React
- Experience with any state management approach
- Unit, Integration, e2e tests
- REST API experience
- SSR & SSG exposure (preferably Next.js)
- CSS Framework experience (Material UI, Tailwind, etc.)
- Styling experience (Styled Components, JSS, CSS Modules, etc.)
- Skills from working in cross-location teams
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development principles
Nice to have
- Experience with Hooks
- Performance optimization
- Some experience with build tools and task runners
- React Native
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period