AWS Solutions Architect DescriptionJob #: 66221
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you an AWS architect and subject matter expert? A problem-solver who is passionate about providing elegant solutions to complex challenges? Do you thrive in a continuous learning environment, and enjoy working across the entire delivery lifecycle?
If you have a deep understanding of AWS and want to work in global team of award winning technologists, please read below and apply!
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution
- Enable AWS cloud journey, analyse TCO and create a business case, make the Cloud dream become reality
- Design and prototype AWS cloud infrastructure, create infrastructure and security architecture documents covering deep technical aspects of the implementation
- Analyse existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation roadmap
- Conduct cloud infrastructure architecture review/audit and create review/audit report
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Oversee the cloud system engineering efforts and provide technical help as needed
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities, including RFP processing, proposal development and direct communications with potential clients
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Create thought leadership on AWS solutions
- Serve as a AWS evangelist, consult and provide technical guidance on cloud solutions design, build, governance, security, operations and cost control best practices
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in modern cloud architecture and history of successful implementation of complex AWS solutions
- Ability to code in any one programming language Python/Groovy/GoLang/Java is a must
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customer environments is a must
- Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to AWS
- Deep expertise in public and private cloud hybrid architecture, networking and connectivity
- Will have experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas (e.g., software development, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking)
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver on commitments
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Relevant AWS certifications are highly desirable
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period