Senior Delivery Manager (Dubai) DescriptionJob #: 66113
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
The Senior Delivery Manager will be accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget. You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-wining Design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. You will play a key role building strong business and technology relationships, take a ‘hands on’ approach to define and deliver, and embody and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
The primary responsibility of the position is managing delivery of complex end to end digital projects across various clients in the region.
- Hands-on technology practitioner who can suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Create, present and advocate solution architectures and approaches with deep technical details; as well as conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sales activities, drive time pressured preparation of customer proposals (including fixed price), define the implementation and design for the solution, present the proposed solution architecture to the customer and the statements of work from delivery perspective
- Hands-on delivery management experience covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for the bid/financing, drive solutioning and staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance. Accountable for delivery from financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives
- Run multiple delivery streams and clients, to ensure governance at top management level and conduct governance project meetings and identify successful and unsuccessful project factors and gaps
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives. Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Hands-on management of delivery stream along with management & growth of a team of Technology Delivery Managers - providing coaching, mentoring and development support to drive up delivery capability across the department
- Expected to have at least 10 years in IT and at least 5+ years in positions of a Project / Program Manager, Coordinator, Solution / Systems / Enterprise Architect; Delivery Manager
- Experience in building delivery teams and solutions. Proven experience in driving scalable enterprise initiatives
- Prior exposure to the Retail industry and eCommerce preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proven experience of hands-on managing delivery of an organization of 40-100 FTEs, or engagements of a smaller size but high business impact
- Hands on experience in technology and software engineering practices with ability to supervise and suggest competitive technical decisions and assure a winning mix of delivery practices applied on the project. Business savvy and able to oversee delivery from financial, sourcing, development, and business point of view
- Experience in building and leading geographically distributed delivery teams, including experience in working with customer’s distributed team and defining right target operating model
- Excellent communication, presentation, and planning skills are necessary, experience working with nearshore teams preferable
- Expected to have exceptional organization, leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
- Self-motivated, flexible, multitasking, reliable to deliver on time, a quick-thinker, be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment
- Willingness to be based in Dubai and undertake frequent travel, principally within the Middle East region
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)