Senior Java Software Engineer DescriptionJob #: 57263
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Spark/Java background to join a distributed team in Ukraine.
Our client is a multinational mass media and information company, a top provider of financial software and risk solutions. It enables professionals in the financial/risk/legal/tax/accounting/media markets to make the decisions based on relevant data.
The project is related to migration of a client’s application to AWS. The new solution has been designed from scratch, EPAM team covers its development end-to-end starting with the requirements. It is a market-data service, offering global-scale content, research and analytics.
Project technologies and tools
- Java 8+
- AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway)
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with Expertise in Java 8+
- Experience with Spark
- Good understanding of AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway)
- Strong communication skills
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Good spoken and written English (B1+)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, bash scripting)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours