Space Designer DescriptionJob #: 53811
You are creative, original, and visionary. You think outside of the box. You love innovating, collaborating with colleagues, and expanding your skillset. You’re obsessed with the built environment, the experience of people inside it, and the future of culture, technology, and human behavior. If this sounds like you, you should consider joining EPAM Continuum as a Space Designer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
Space experience designers at EPAM Continuum excel at investigating what humans need and want in order to develop new-to-the-world products, services, and experiences. Whether the project is for healthcare, public transportation, food service, or beyond, space experience designers tell stories, visualize frameworks, and detail environments to communicate our concepts to clients. Designers also develop prototypes to help envision experiences so that end-users can provide feedback to drive ideas forward before they are documented and built.
Space is a key aspect of a customer experience, but it doesn’t operate alone. At EPAM Continuum, space designers contribute their expert knowledge in architecture, interiors, and complex systems as part of a multi-disciplinary process to create and build holistic designs.
Who We Are
EPAM Continuum integrates business, design, and technology consulting to focus on accelerating breakthrough ideas into meaningful impact. Driving transformation in today’s world requires a uniquely constructed network of connected teams, working across silos, to help tackle our client’s biggest challenges. This is core to our DNA.
The EPAM Continuum network of teams is made up of multi-disciplinary professionals with diverse experiences, including design & business strategists, architects, product, service, & interaction designers, technologists, data analysts, prototypers, and electrical, mechanical, & software engineers.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on EPAM Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, Bose, Fisher-Price, Herman Miller, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung, Southwest Airlines, and UnitedHealthcare.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
What You’ll Do
- Participate on highly collaborative project teams and work on global projects
- Participate and lead qualitative user research and analysis
- Work closely with strategists, engineers, and designers from other disciplines
- Communicate experience design intent through still visuals and animations
- Test digital-physical prototypes
- Test and build scale and 1:1 physical mock-ups
- Work Space Designers specialize in at EPAM Continuum:
- Multiples: Spaces that are scaled across multiple geographies
- Emerging Types: New spaces that don’t current exist
- Complex Systems: Ecosystems of spaces and technologies that depend on each other
What You Have
- Work experience: 2-4 years experience in relevant field (architecture, interiors, wayfinding, or environments, design)
- Software Literacy: Adobe Creative Cloud, Rhino, and your favorite rendering suite. VR experience a plus (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.)
- Visual Communication Skills: Strong 2D and 3D visualization and sketching skills
- Presentation Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mindset: Passion and drive for learning new things and tackling problems outside of your discipline and skillset, frequently
- Attitude: Proactive toward work, particularly in understanding and communicating spatial concepts
- Team/Collaboration: Comfort analyzing, designing, and iterating complex systems with groups of people from different fields and backgrounds
- Professionalism: Comfortable interfacing with clients or executives
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance