Head of Azure Cloud Solution Architecture DescriptionJob #: 53783
Are you an industry visionary and technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex Cloud solutions? Are you able to guide and advise business and IT teams on the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation?
Do you have strong soft skills with solid stakeholder management and program management experience? Do you want to transform businesses, so they are able to operate and grow successfully in the cloud-first world?
Then you have an opportunity to join as a Head of Azure Cloud Solution Architecture to work with highly skilled and engaged teams across the globe on Azure solutions design, build and cloud migration opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to position yourself in the centre of the UK Cloud Leadership team with a view of helping build out the Practice during this very exciting time of huge growth.
You will be working on a range of programs connecting program management, architecture and delivery.
- Act as an Azure Architecture Leader and partner with engineers, architects and other senior delivery leaders
- Work hand in hand with client’s project and program counterparts to implement Cloud transformation and/or migrate enterprise workloads to the cloud
- Assess the client’s Cloud maturity, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Create a unified strategy for cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation and operations
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Responsible and accountable for Cloud projects success, adherence to timeline and budget
- Drive quality and productivity of EPAM global delivery teams
- Address risk and issues through concrete action plans by working with EPAM account and client engagement teams
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in Cloud Architecture, IT Service Delivery, Program Management and Strategy
- Ability to deep dive into technical details so this is not a pure bird’s eye view strategy role. Someone that has come from an engineer/architecture background is key as all of our Director level+ employees can look at the finer technical aspects when required
- History of successful Cloud migration to Azure and hybrid/private Cloud
- Strong hands-on experience in managing a complete set of activities related to the project delivery in a company such as SOW negotiation, project initiation, client management, project delivery and execution
- Deep understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, main building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Grasp of SDLC processes (Agile, DevOps), cloud operation and support (ITIL) service delivery with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver commitments
- Able to stand up for the team during hard times, handling escalations, expert in conflict resolution, able to bring very fuzzy ideas and vision into tangible deliverables
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- We offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period