Senior Design Strategist DescriptionJob #: 53490
EPAM Continuum creates new to the world experiences by skillfully engaging the talents of more than 160 professionals with diverse, multi-disciplinary experiences, including architects, brand strategists, business strategists, economists, psychologists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers, and designers from areas such as graphic, industrial, interaction and digital design.
For more than thirty years, the company has partnered with clients to discover innovative ideas and realize them as powerful products, services and brand experiences.
Some of the world’s most well-respected brands and organizations rely on EPAM Continuum as their innovation partner, including American Express, BBVA, Bose, Herman Miller, Haier, Moen, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, Penske, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, Samsung and Staples.
We want to meet great people who are interested in working in a global firm where culture matters and curiosity is valued. We work collaboratively. We think globally. We’re passionate. We firmly believe that we can advance lives and bring businesses into the future. And we make it happen every day.
Who We Are Looking For:
Senior Design Strategist is a senior-level role that has the responsibility for leading teams using human centered design methodologies to uncover and define new growth strategies for clients businesses, products and services. You will work with diverse teams of practitioners with different backgrounds, skillsets, and crafts to work with clients in multiple industries and verticals in China. We seek candidates who are experienced and comfortable doing ethnographic research in China using Chinese Mandarin language to moderate and empathize with consumers.
This role will give the candidate a unique opportunity to work with a wide array of clients to solve exciting design challenges, stretch their critical thinking and problem-solving skills and network with executive level clients as well as thought leaders in the innovation industry.
We are looking for a passionate design strategist to turn observations into actionable insights. In this role, you should have deep understanding of the tacit nuances of doing business in China and can effectively marry that understanding with Continuum’s philosophy of human centered innovation. You should be prepared to adapt seamlessly between the diverse corporate and consultative environments.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through all phases of project work including alignment with client, understanding context, developing non-obvious insights, exploring and defining opportunities, creating actionable/tangible design expressions, and helping clients go to market
- Conceptualize compelling and meaningful opportunities for consumers and clients. In this position you will work closely with designers, engineers, and other strategists to develop ideas for new products, services and experiences
- Explore real world problems using a combination of creative and analytic tools. Lead your team to develop and test hypotheses
- Create compelling value propositions for consumers and clients. Articulate ideas for new products, services and experiences that will compel consumers, and contribute to business success. Help the team make tradeoffs to come up with solutions that work for both people and clients
- Mentor future strategists at EPAM Continuum and those across the company that will look to you for guidance and expertise in their development
- 7+ years of experience in design consulting or in a related field
- Undergraduate degree required, masters’ degree preferred, in social sciences, design communications, business or related field
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing and organization skills in Chinese and English
- Experience with qualitative consumer/user research and analysis (quantitative experience is a plus), creation of frameworks, archetypes/personas, and ideation and brainstorming techniques, sketching, prototyping, and concept validation
- Must be fluent in Microsoft office and Adobe creative suite. 3-D, interactive or web-based platforms also desirable
- Experience in project and client management
- Comfortable managing and mentoring junior strategists and co-workers
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Availability to travel based on project needs
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- International projects
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Engineering, corporate and social events
- Professional & soft skills trainings, medical & family care programs, and forums to explore beyond work passion (CSR, photography, painting, sports, etc.)
- Free English classes
- Online training course library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Flexible working schedule
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Tech talks and hackathons
- Referral bonuses