Oracle Developer (SQL and Linux) DescriptionJob #: 51606
Do you have a knack in turning complex requirements into simple designs? Are you a master of Oracle? Are you passionate about bringing systems to life, and have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate?
We are looking for an experienced Oracle Developer (SQL and Linux) to come on board and support our operation in Zürich.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM.
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
- Develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
- Keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
- You are equally experienced with mid-tier Java skills to develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC), unit and integration testing components with end to end flows across larger subsystems
- Identify and resolve design and query performance issues on multi-billion row database applications
- Produce optimized dimensional database designs to support hundreds of users querying millions of transactions at performance ranging from minutes down to sub-second
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Financial Services
- At least 5 years’ experience with database application development in Oracle (PL/SQL) and/or Sybase (T-SQL), with emphasis on data warehousing and ETL programming
- Familiarity with the SDLC process and tools which support it. The technologies we use are Git, JIRA, Confluence, and TeamCity
- Oracle SQL / PL/SQL skills: Performance tuning and Dimensional modelling / Data Warehouse
- Oracle Performance tuning and Dimensional modelling / Data Warehouse
- Exposure with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
- Ability to articulate data modelling concepts and explain their application to address design requirements
- Very clear understanding of which Oracle features can, and should be leveraged for any given design challenge
- Understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
- Strong UNIX skills, including shell script programming. Perl or Python expertise is also desirable
- Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
- Broad knowledge of the investment banking business, with particular focus on products and how they are processed across front-to-back systems
- Some project management will be necessary
- Fast learner, capable of working independently
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews