Lead DevOps Engineer (GCP/Azure) DescriptionJob #: 51577
Are you a technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex Cloud solutions? Are you able to guide and advise business and IT teams on creating new Cloud-native applications and services? Do you have strong soft skills and solid stakeholder management experience?
Then you have an opportunity to join as a Lead DevOps Engineer (GCP/Azure) to work a mixture of onsite/remote for a global retail client of ours in central Dublin, Ireland.
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer (GCP/Azure), you will part of the PAAS foundation team that provides a reliable, safe and supportable path for use of PaaS services introduced by public cloud providers
- As a Lead DevOps Engineer for PaaS services, you will manage a portfolio of application PaaS offerings related to orchestration systems, Service mesh, API gateways, telemetry systems etc
- You will focus on evaluation, adoption, support and product roadmap for the successful use of PaaS services in your portfolio
- For this Green Field development effort, you will be required to set up and drive the team to complete the projects to customer satisfaction
- You will be working in close cooperation with the customer’s Solution Architect from Dublin
- The initial team size is relatively small (4 engineers), but the expectation is that this engagement will consist of multiple teams in distributed locations (including Europe and North America) and may potentially grow to a total of 15-20 people
- As Lead Engineer, you will have an opportunity to take the responsibility for the overall initiative
- Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as GCP (preferred) or Azure
- Experience in cloud native designs and full stack
- Strong experience in an Lead Engineering role involved in design and architecture
- Experience in managing entire software development lifecycle with a decent sized team of engineers
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Strong communication skills with experience in working with internal as well as external stakeholders/technical teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant work experience