Lead / Senior Software Engineer in Test DescriptionJob #: 49803
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Our client is one of the leading global wealth management banks. EPAM delivers development services to the bank’s internal audit systems which covers Anti Money Laundering System design and implementation, Electronic Fund Transfer System, Clearing House System integration and Platform Migration projects as well as integrating workflow processes and BPR.
We are looking for Software Engineers with SDET skills (Software Developer Engineer and Testing) with proven testing experience. The applicant shall have specific focus on testing of the data and the business rules that are executed on the business data. The needed expertise covers setting up distributed database component tests, coaching developers on engineering productivity, integration testing and e2e testing.
Most importantly this is an opportunity for people that love working with data as ultimately this is what the work will be.
Project technologies and tools
- Enterprise Applications: Java
- Java: JEE Frameworks: Hibernate
- Java: Building Tools: Maven
- Software Engineering Tools and Methods: Operating Systems: Linux, Sun Solaris, MS Windows
- Software Construction: SQL and NoSQL Databases: MySQL; Oracle, Hive, Cassandra
- Testing skills areas of knowledge: Performance testing: Apache JMeter, HP LoadRunner
- Testing: Acceptance Testing
- Testing: Unit Testing
- Testing: API Testing: SoapUI (Open Source)
- Develop new features of existing test frameworks, database tests included
- Develop new database and related APIs, processes
- Participate in new features design and business requirements definitions
- Fix product defects focusing of data layers
- Maintain and improve build process and tools
- Executed test cases and communicated the results
- Develop unit tests to accomplish acceptance test criteria
- Faculty / College: Computer Science related
- Degree (diploma): Master’s degree
- Experience in all types of testing (including data migration and replication testing)
- Proficient in SQL, nice to have NoSQL skills
- For candidates for a lead position, experience in managing an agile size team as a QA Lead (organizing testing process, writing documentation, coaching team members)
- Cooperation with customer team (UAT, SIT, PROD support) during frequent trips to USA / UK offices
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- English language classes
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted