Currently we are looking for a Big Data Engineer for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
It is an opportunity for a Big Data Engineer interested in hands-on development of a wide range of solutions which form a system utilized by one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
We are going to develop from scratch system that will be handling intra-day liquidity and funds management at the scale world’s leading financial institutions (>130 TB) and is characterized by high availability and low latency requirements. We will design, develop and maintain a brand-new solution entirely based on Azure, including builds, etc.
- Work on high-quality architecture and implementation design
- Collaborate with customer and teams in other locations on daily basis
- Work closely with BAs, DevOps, Big Data Specialists, QAs inside cross functional team
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop/Cosmos DB, Spark/Data Bricks, Cassandra, etc.)
- Extensive experience building scalable, high-performance distributed systems, systems that deal with large data volumes
- Experience working in agile continuous integration/DevOps paradigm and toolset
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Responsible, self-motivated team player
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Attention to quality
Nice to have
- Financial Services background
- Advanced level of English
- Understanding of investment banking domain
- Positive improvement-oriented attitude
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted