We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Currently we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Developer for our newly formed hardware engineering team in Budapest. This team along with a few similar others around the globe is pioneering hardware development in EPAM and paving the way for a future where our company can offer full solutions to its customers.
Our global client is developing a new, state of-the-art of automation equipment system that solves the problem of transporting thousands of blood samples among dozens of testing machines housed in huge laboratories. The system is modular so it could be used in labs with different layouts and equipment.
Designing such a complex machinery poses challenges for engineers such us tracking and commanding thousands of units at once, orchestrating the operation of vast amounts of sensors and actuators while also managing power consumption and heat dissipation.
- Development and testing in C/C++ programming language
- Understanding control theory PID, PI, PD and algorithms, as well as motor control (brushless DC)
- Understands serial protocols e.g. SPI, I2C
- Experience with freeRTOS or safeRTOS
- Fluent English
- Being able to travel within Europe (up to 80% for first 2-3 months, decreasing afterwards)
Nice to have
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of TCP and RS422 protocols is an advantage
- Being able to define functional and non-functional technical requirements
- Planning and estimating development and testing efforts, delivers against plan
- Experience in client facing roles
- Permanent job in a modern office in the company of many skilled associates
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Use of high-valued applications
- Bilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Recreation area
- Relocation opportunities
- International projects