We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Currently we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer for our Budapest office to make the team even stronger.
Our global client is developing a new, state of-the-art of automation equipment system that will improve access to services critical to people.
This new system targets a complicated industry—the production of something custom for each small-quantity order that requires passing delicate parts through a unique set of processing steps at different machines. With existing technology, orchestrating all of the machines and the movement of parts between them is a huge challenge.
After years working on this problem, the client has partnered with EPAM-Continuum engineers in the United States, through which we've developed a new prototype system to cleverly address this complexity with an automation solution. We need your help finishing the design and getting it into production. In particular, we'll be focused on two components of the factory:
- A 3-axis system which precisely picks up and moves parts;
- A high throughput transportation mechanism that can handle the movement of many parts between many machines simultaneously.
Our involvement in the project is growing and we are using this opportunity to expand our team to Belarus and Switzerland.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for exceptional engineers with 2-4 years of experience who work well independently and with others to conceptualize, design, prototype, analyze mechanical concepts, and collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development of a wide variety of mechanical tasks. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable working with electrical engineers, software engineers, human factors engineers and be able to adapt and recommend solutions to non-engineering colleagues and clients.
The primary responsibilities will be mechanical design, prototyping, analysis, testing, and communication as a fully integrated member of the core project team.
- 2-4 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Proficient to expert level 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks)
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program
- Strong background with manufacturing processes (prototype and production level), laboratory and shop work
- Experience designing and executing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Strong theoretical mechanical engineering background
Nice to have
- Design for Injection Mold
- Material Research and Selection
- Mechanism Design
- Experiment Design
- Electromechanical System Design
- Ergonomics and Interaction
- Machine Vision
- Dynamics (design for motion/acceleration/deceleration/impact)
- Dimension and Tolerance study
- Thermal Analysis/Flow Simulation
- Statistics/Data Analysis
- Sheetmetal Design
- Machined Part Design
- Structural Frame Design
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Applied safety standards, IEC-61010, IEC-60601 or equivalent
- Physical Prototyping at the appropriate level of fidelity
- Permanent job in a modern office in the company of many skilled associates
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Use of high-valued applications
- Bilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Recreation area
- Relocation opportunities
- International projects