Currently we are looking for a Delivery Manager for our Gdansk office to make the team even stronger.
At EPAM, Delivery Management is a much broader scale of Project Management. It is the organization, administration, and supervision of people, processes, and technologies - which when combined into a comprehensive plan, provide the business and technical functions needed to achieve what the clients expect to receive.
The role will be to oversee management and EPAM clients’ relationships. You will be accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget.
Additionally, an important part of this role will be Resource Management and building the organization. This means defining a recruitment demand, hiring proper people and allocating them to projects that match their skills and ambitions. You will be also responsible for creating a satisfying working environment for your team members, creating career development plans and keeping them motivated.
- Establish long-term partnerships with the clients and manage their expectations
- Take end-to-end responsibility over the delivery
- Build the delivery plan along with estimations on timeframes, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts
- Establish criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs
- Assure governance of processes in delivery management and production as per selected delivery model
- Generate visible added value that company delivers to the client by suggestion of innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements and better user experiences
- For the top management and the client - act as a single point of responsibility over any delivery related matters, including escalations, upsells, ramp-downs, etc
- Perform knowledge management within the organization, define skills/technologies to be learned and request respective trainings
- Perform motivation actions and coach/verify how the same is performed by managers and team leaders from your organization
- Conduct performance appraisals and manage salaries within the organization in order to meet attrition and profitability goals
- Ensure that proper software development processes and engineering standards are in place
- Experience in managing software delivery organizations
- Experience in people management and growing the organization
- Experience in IT project management, including management of several projects in parallel
- Excellent knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Prior experience with hands-on software development and good understanding of software engineering practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in client relationship management and ability to manage, direct and command respect from technical and delivery team members
- Ability to engage with the client in technology discussions
- Previous experience in working within outsourcing environment and managing offshore delivery organizations is highly desirable
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted