Currently, we are looking for an ANSI C Software Engineer to give a boost to our team working on an integrated system for library management.
Our client is a software company focusing on cutting-edge products that allow libraries to succeed in a modern technology environment. Their key integrated library system (ILS) products are used by the customers in 66 countries. An integrated ILS, also known as a library management system (LMS), is an enterprise resource planning system for a library, used to track items owned, orders made, bills paid, and patrons who have borrowed. It works with physical objects (not only with books but also with places, tools and any other things that can be rented), as well as with digital assets (e-books/audiobooks).
Our project is about developing a Web and Desktop application with common services that are used in a staff-facing application for customer’s library partners. It provides users with the benefit of accessing most functions (cataloging, acquisitions, courses, trainings, etc.). Currently, the application is used by over 400 US and over 100 of European libraries, all products are configured for each customer separately considering their specific.
The scope of work includes the development and support of the new and existing functionalities as well as an implementation of solutions for software defects. It comprises a bunch of web apps (Java, Scala) along with a set of legacy microservices written in pure C.
Project technologies and tools
- Linux/Centos 7.x
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Design, develop, cover with unit tests and support new and existing applications in an Agile environment
- Assist in the identification, design, and implementation of solutions for software defects
- Solutions for eliminating software problems
- Solutions for software issues tracking
- Produce high-quality and on-time deliverables according to planned project goals
- Support QA testing efforts and assist colleagues in troubleshooting production problems
- 3+ years of experience in software development using ANSI C
- Experience in supporting and modifying legacy systems
- Experience in distributed systems development
- Experience of working with *nix/POSIX-compatible Operating Systems
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and development methodologies
- Good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours