Currently, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Saint Petersburg office to make the team even stronger.
If you think you are not a DevOps Engineer, or it’s incorrect name for a vacancy, we kindly agree with you here. So, if you are a systems administrator or engineer, build or site reliability engineer, we are waiting for you, too. Your mindset and your skills are more important for us.
We are looking for passionate engineers with a DevOps mindset who are results-driven, proactive and passionate about CD and automation of everything. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with the engineering and product teams on implementation and maintenance of highly versatile cloud orchestration, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery solutions in AWS. You will be a part of the international geographically distributed team of experienced professionals while being collocated with the local team in our St Petersburg office.
Our DevOps team globally consists of 1600+ engineers, and 100+ of them are in Saint Petersburg.
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
We suggest you 2 direction for your professional growth:
• Cloud & DevOps (the majority of projects are connected with a migration of a bare metal infrastructure to a public cloud-based platform; Linux, Java stack, CI/CD, IaC, SCM, clouds, containerization, virtualization);
• Big Data Solutions (the majority of solutions created here are needed for data analysis and predictive analytics; Linux, Hadoop ecosystem, Java stack, networking, web-servers, CI/CD, clusters, clouds, containerization).
ATTENTION! We are willing to train you to deal with public clouds (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud) and with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, noSQL DBs (Hive, HBase, Cassandra) and many other new technologies.
- Strong experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based (CentOS, Debian, Amazon Linux, or similar) production systems
- 2+ years of any scripting language experience (Bash / Ruby / Python / Perl / etc.)
- 2+ years of CI/CD processes configuration (Jenkins / TeamCity / Bamboo / GitLab CI)
- 2+ years of automatically provisioning, configuring and deploying environments experience and (Puppet / Chef / Salt / Ansible)
- 1+ year of experience with such tools as CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, etc
- English – level should be enough to participate in Scrum meetings (Intermediate and higher)
- Basic Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Lean understanding
- At least two of the skills above + English are required
Nice to have
- Understanding of high availability concept
- Experience with Java app servers (Tomcat / Jetty / JBoss)
- Nginx / Apache HTTP Server configuration skills
- Virtualization (VMware, KVM, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Zabbix / Nagios / Graphana / Icinga / Logstash / etc.)
- Familiarity with load balancing (ex., Haproxy / Citrix Netscaler)
- Experience with containerization / orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services and related APIs
- DB management expertise (such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, some NoSQL)
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and participation on projects in various domains
- Opportunity to work in a distributed team on an international project
- In-house education and training - Our educational platforms provide over 6,000 courses and trainings esigned to develop both technical and soft skills. Moreover, we have special educational programs for advanced specialists—Delivery Management School, Solution Architecture School, and Solution Architecture University. And even better yet, free English courses and conversational clubs are available for you right inside our offices
- Participation in mentoring programs for both technical specialists and managers
- Self-fulfillment opportunities beyond projects: we hold meetups and conferences where our employees act as speakers, invite trainers for speakers, and develop professional communities
- Relocation opportunities—both within and outside Russia (EPAM's offices are present in ten Russian cities as well as in over 25 countries)
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work
- Voluntary health insurance policy, including dental care, is available to you right from your first working day; in-house medical care is provided
- Reimbursement for sports activities plus in-house yoga trainings. Moreover, you will be able to attend training sessions and participate in tournaments (soccer, basketball, and volleyball) with our corporate teams
- Educational programs for children of our employees (in-house programming courses)