Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
The team is currently working on a Data Warehouse and Big Data project for our client, the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites. It serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. The company cooperates with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Currently, we are searching for a strong MS SQL DBA to support SQL Server Data warehouse in AWS while the team is focusing on re-platforming to Snowflake/Looker technology.
On this role, you will be responsible for the development, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server Data warehousing systems, ensuring its operational readiness (availability, security, health and performance).
This role’s focus will be on the implementation of tools, databases administration including back-up and Restore, troubleshooting, performance tuning, monitoring critical events and documentation. You will also have an opportunity to hold a developer hat in understanding the code, data flow and looking for improvement of the system. The position is expected to cover 60% DBA and 40% Developer tasks.
- SQL Server administration, Configure and maintain database servers and services (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS services), including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Setup monitors and alerts to detect blockings, long running queries/transactions, troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, throughput and other resource contentions
- Actively engaged with code-refactoring for optimizations and new development efforts
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time. Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommendation and implementing preventive techniques
- Check the fragmentation and rebuild/ reorganize the indexes
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Assist developers, business analyst with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Understand the current utilization of AWS instances related to EC2 Memory, CPU, IO, throughputs and Resizing of AWS instances to optimize on the cost
- Demonstrate SQL best practices and SQL in AWS best practices for the team
- Solid hands-on technical and development skills
- Expertise in AWS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate or higher English level (B1+)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours